Our Top 7 Best Golf Tours in Scotland
When trying to choose a golf tour in Scotland, with so many options, it can be difficult to know which one is truly the best. At DP&L Golf, we have dozens of pre-packaged golf tours for our clients to choose from that they love, but we’ve decided to put together a list of our top seven Best Scottish Golf Tours in no particular order, so here they are:
1. Birthplace Experience- History, golfing, and fine dining are what make this golf tour one of the best. Golfing at Prestwick, “The Birthplace of the Open”, that began over 160 years ago will be a dream come true for the avid golfer in you. You’ll also enjoy golfing on St Nicholas, Western Gailes, and Dundonald Links. With your 4* hotel stay, you’ll receive breakfast all day and an incredible 3-course lunch in the clubhouse Charming Dining room.
2. Scotland’s Golf Coast- Fresh coastal breezes, beautiful scenery, and golfing are what to expect on this mini vacation to Scotland’s golf coast. With its even climate temperatures all year round, golfers can enjoy golfing any time of the year, which is just one reason the golf coast is one of the best golf tours. This package also includes breakfast, lodging options, and three rounds of golf at Longniddry Golf Club, Craigielaw Golf Club, and Kilspindie Golf Club.
3. Discovery of Legends- Legendary golf course are what make visiting Scotland so memorable, so what if you could golf on four of Scotland’s most memorable golf courses? That’s exactly what this golf tour offers. With each course boasting its own unique historical and legendary journey, you’ll enjoy golfing on Panmure, Downfield, Scotscraig, and Monifieth, three of which are former Open qualifying venues. You’ll have your choice of.
4. Highlands Golf Adventure- For a golfing adventure getaway, this golf tour definitely deserves to be on the “Best Golf Tours in Scotland” list. Nine nights in Scotland at three different hotel accommodations with eight rounds of golf at some of Scotland’s finest golf courses. The list includes: the championship venue at Castle Stuart, legendary links of Royal Dornoch, championship host of Nairn, and more. With your rental car, you’ll be able to see some of Scotland’s most beautiful scenery while enjoying a trip full of golfing adventures.
5. West Coast Wilderness- Ferry boat rides, “Whisky Isle”, and golfing: what could be more Scottish than that? You will start by flying to “Whisky Isle” to golf on Machrie Golf course and travel by ferry throughout most of the rest of your five-day journey. This golf tour includes five rounds of golf at some of the world’s best golf courses. From the famous 12- hole course at Shiskine to the first new 18-hole course on the West Coast in over 100 years to Prestwick where the Open was first held, adventure and excitement await you on this challenging golfing adventure.
6. St Andrews Links Break- When it comes to choosing the best golf tours in Scotland, it can be hard to narrow down the list. But no list is truly complete unless one of the golf tours offers what this tour does: unlimited golfing. You can choose between a three or four night stay with six different golf courses available from which to choose for unlimited golfing. With a few of the options being some of Scotland’s most iconic courses, New Course, Castle Course, and Eden Course to name a few, you’re sure to love every moment you’re golfing on these famous links.
7. Highlands Golf Experience- We’ve all heard the stories, but what if you could combine golfing with Scotland’s most well-known folklore, The Loch Ness Monster? It would be the best golf tour for anyone wanting to try their hand at a Nessie sighting. This golf tour includes golfing at the Scottish Open venue of Castle Stuart, championship host course of Nairn, and “Golf Club of the Year for Scotland 2018” winner Fortrose & Rosemarkie. Along with these exciting golf courses, you’ll also enjoy a whisky distillery tour as well as an unforgettable Loch Ness Experience.
If you’ve enjoyed our list of our “Top 7 Best Golf Tours in Scotland” or have any questions about any of our amazing golf packages we’ve designed, please feel free to contact us. We’d love to hear from you and help you book the best golf tour for you and your group on your next Scottish holiday.